
I had a lot of lofty ideas when I began this pregnancy, and figured that I would stay away from any medications, even those as mild as Tylenol for headaches. Then came hyperemesis and along with it Zofran and Phenergan, and then a gall stone and various other drugs like liquid hydrocodone. I was starting to feel pretty guilty about loading my body up with so many drugs, especially since, you know, I'd gone to all that trouble to give up the crack habit.
Since then, it's been a pretty good few months without the need for any more medications, until now.
At 30 and a half weeks I have contractions every 10 minutes or so. This has been going on for a while, but they've become increasingly noticeable lately. So now I'm taking Nifedipine to calm them down. This is a drug given to people with high blood pressure, but it has the nice side effect of reducing contractions. My blood pressure is already naturally low, so it makes me feel like I've been hit by a truck. Hopefully it'll work and convince the babies to stay inside. Please stay in, babies. We're almost there.
No comments:
Post a Comment