Yesterday I made some grilled vegetables with korma sauce, and rice, and Milo lapped it up. The kid ate potatoes, tomatoes, grilled peppers, onions, zucchini, and asked for more. There is something that is just so satisfying about being able to feed Milo the same food that we eat! It's like, I don't know, I only have to make one dinner instead of two!
Except, of course, for Nora.
So I'm kind of wondering about Nora and her refusal (absolute) to try any food that is not crackers or toast or cheese. I mean, seriously. She won't try anything. In fact she has started refusing to eat foods that she used to eat, like pancakes and meatballs. She won't eat any fruit. She won't eat any vegetables. She won't eat pasta. She won't eat rice. She won't eat mashed potatoes. She won't even eat, my God, ice cream, cake, or brownies. She won't even try it. Honestly, here is the non-baby food that Nora will eat: Toast (we can put peanut butter, honey, and cream cheese on it), french toast, cheese, and crackers. That's it. 4 things.
A person cannot live off of 4 things, especially as those things don't actually contain any fruits or vegetables, so we're still giving her pureed baby food. But I'm starting to wonder how long this is going to last. Today the twin whisperer said that she could imagine us sending Nora off to kindergarten with her pureed lunch. Is it going to come to that? The kid is remarkably stubborn. Every single meal, I offer stuff, she says no and turns her head so far away from the offending food that she looks like one of those owls who can rotate its head 360 degrees, and I say "okay" and drop it. I don't push the issue or try to make her eat stuff. I'm just wondering...how do you get a kid to try things? Is she doomed to a toast and cheese diet for the foreseeable future?
No comments:
Post a Comment