Friday, December 28, 2007

Compromises

We have a great cloth diaper package all set up and ready to go. I researched everything, bought what we needed, pre-washed our diapers, got the wipes and wraps ready to go, and then we brought home the babies:

The newborn size wraps are still way, way too big for them, so it's disposables for now.

Just the first -- or maybe 3rd or 4th, I don't know -- of many compromises we're already making. Yesterday I ventured out of the house for the first time by myself, for the first time that was somewhere other than the doctor's office. I went to Target. I bought about a hundred diapers and rushed to get home in time for their next feeding. But I had that hour to myself in the car and the store, and that hour kept me human for a day.

Nora and Milo's first Christmas:


Here is another cute picture in lieu of content. We took this last night after noticing that the babies had somehow migrated towards each other in their crib and Nora's head was resting on Milo's arm:


I hope they'll always be close.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the pics. I'm so glad you're enjoying the babies, and glad your mom is there to help! Do what you can to sleep, and don't worry too much about the eating thing - we've had the same issue for Nick's whole life and he's turning out just fine. Kids seem to be able to live on eating dirt and air and the occasional penny. Happy New Year! Love, Kathleen