Okay Nora, what the fucking fuck.
I'm worried something is wrong with Nora. She seems to be unable to even put herself to sleep in the crib now, and this is after she's been able to go to sleep by herself in the crib since she was, what, 3 months old? 4 months old? A long time. Milo keeps getting better and better at sleeping. Put him in the crib, awake, leave the room, and he just goes to sleep all by himself. It's like magic. Nora needed the pacifier and did better if she was close to drifting off before I exited the room, but she was still good at going to sleep by herself in the crib.
No more. Not only does she wake constantly, but now she can't even go to sleep! We just had a missed evening nap because she couldn't fall asleep. She wants the pacifier, but as soon as she gets it she tears it out of her mouth. Then yells. Repeat 20 times. She wiggles around like crazy and bangs her feet on the crib mattress over and over again. The other night I heard that from the other room and I thought it was fireworks. No, it was just Nora going to town on the mattress. Seriously, are there drugs in the water? Did I take speed and forget about it? I'm no longer taking any caffeine in my diet, although I doubt that the one soda I allowed myself at lunch every day really mattered. But it's gone, okay Nora, it's gone, and I'm seriously thinking about a glass of wine every night instead. All for you, honey.
She couldn't nap, and I left her in the nursery to grouse and complain, and then went in again, and gave her the pacifier, and she tore it out and smiled to see me, and I left, and she complained, and I went in again, repeat for about half an hour. Finally I went downstairs and said that's it, she can complain and maybe she'll wear herself out and go to sleep. But no, her complaining eventually got louder and turned to actual crying, and as soon as it turned to crying Jake went up and tried to help her go to sleep yet again, and apparently that didn't work as the crying just got louder and louder until he finally gave up and took her out of the room.
Poor Milo wakes up and gives us a cross-eyed look every now and then through all of this racket.
I'm worried Nora is developing some sort of weird neurological abnormality. It's like she's got ADHD without the, uh, AD. She's just got HD. At bedtime. And naptime. She's currently sitting on my lap rubbing her eyes because she's TIRED, duh, and Jake and I are a couple of class-A idiots for letting this get so bad. This kid rules the house and it's not doing her any good.
No comments:
Post a Comment