Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Signs That You're Crazy

By about 3:30 today I could barely keep my eyes open. My bones hurt. I couldn't think about things today, about anything important, because I just didn't have the energy. I was ready to take a catnap at my desk, but I had a student coming in at 4 so I propped my eyes open with toothpicks and told myself I'd make it up by going to bed early.

Time for bed, which somehow turns into 11, instead of 10 or 9 when it should really happen. Bones still hurt. I know, let's lie wide awake for over an hour because I think I have a tiny hair in my right nostril. I mean, I know I have lots of hairs in my nose, but this one seems...in the way. I blow my nose. I rub my nose. There is some hair or piece of fuzz in there and I cannot relax or fall asleep.

Which makes, like, complete sense for me to lie awake over something imagined after being so exhausted and fantasizing about sleep all the time. Very logical.

Finally drift off and get a decent half hour or so before Nora's crying wakes me right back up. Now she's finally quiet. What are the chances I'll be able to go back to sleep now? I teach tomorrow, which means I need to be rested, so the chances are probably slim.

I really need to see a doctor and get a prescription.

No comments: