So I bought a new landline phone, which we got yesterday, but it turns out we need some sort of DSL filter (not included) to make this phone usable, as right now the static is so crazy you can't hear anything.
So tonight my friend called me on the house phone. She was calling about our other friend, whose tenure decision was today. I haven't heard from my other friend even though she said she would let us know, so I've been wondering. So when my first friend called, I thought, she has news! But I couldn't hear her through the static on my phone! So I said, I'll call you back on the cell. Well, Jake's phone had no bars and no reception. And no battery, so I couldn't use it outside because it needed to be plugged in. So I tried my phone, which is a cheap pay-as-you-go phone, and it had 4 bars outside but I couldn't make any calls because it said "service unavailable"! WTF, phone! I swear, why is it so impossible for me to have a usable phone???
3 different phones, no way to actually talk to somebody on the phone. I ended up pulling our old dying phone out of the garbage and plugging it in and calling my friend that way (thank goodness her number didn't include an 8, since that phone can't dial an 8). And after all that, I only found out that she hasn't heard anything either, and she was just calling to check if I had the news.
So the end result is, if you want to talk to me, call me at the office! Argh!
No comments:
Post a Comment