Friday, April 23, 2010

They're Growing Up

I was only gone for 4 days but it feels like I left a couple of toddlers and came back to a couple of kids! The kids are talking so much now, and say new things all the time. There have been noticeable changes even in this week when I've been gone!

For instance, Milo, our very boyish little boy, now wipes off any kiss we give him.

Nora has glommed onto the phrase "I love", so this morning she told me, "I love down by the station!" (a book). This afternoon she was sitting on the potty and she told me, "I love this potty!" Then she hugged me, while on the potty.

Also, it's hard to describe, but just the nature of their talking feels like kid talking now, especially with Milo. He was chattering away all afternoon telling me things like "I caught several ladybugs today", and "I want to make Lucas go on the garbage truck! Lucas will climb on the garbage truck and put the garbage away!" Lucas is a stuffed moose that Milo has taken a liking to, which is also new as of this week. I don't know why he named the moose Lucas.

And Nora, she's greeting people like she's the town butterfly now. This evening at the park our neighbors approached and she said "Hi, Millie! Hi, Sue! How are you?"

The changes are coming fast and furious.

No comments: