Milo is really struggling with having Jake at work full time now. He often cries in the morning for Daddy, and just seems to feel more insecure and clingy in general. Tonight I left to go to a baby shower, and Milo was pretty inconsolable at my leaving, even though Daddy was right there. Things are scaring him or upsetting him at night, and in the morning or during nap he has been waking up crying because various things scare him. I have removed two pieces of art from the nursery because in each case he said it was scaring him.
One hard thing is that I cannot console Milo without a lot of drama from Nora. This morning Milo was sad about Jake being gone, and he wanted me to hold him. Predictably, the very minute I started holding him Nora started yelling and crying obnoxiously in a fit of jealousy. It drives her nuts when I hold Milo.
Poor Milo. I don't really know how to help him. For his entire life Daddy has been around almost all of the time, and now Daddy is gone all day long for 5 days a week. It is a big change.
No comments:
Post a Comment