Today I dropped the kids off at preschool before voting. I'm wearing jeans and a shirt and a sweater and a jacket. When I got back home, it started snowing. I took a crummy picture out the front door with my phone. It might not be easy to see, but trust me, it's snowing.
Brrr! My grad students and I will be collecting data until 7:30 tonight. I imagine that'll be a good distraction as we wait for results.
My mother agreed to come out to watch the kids so that I can travel to CA to give the address to the California Math Council. Hooray! I've booked my ticket, I've booked my rental car, and I'm kind of psyched to return to the bay area even if it's just for a couple of days. I won't have time to see everybody, but I'll be returning in April for a longer stretch of time and will make up for it then.
Oh, also, it's an internet law that every facebooker, google+er, twitterer, and blogger must post an obligatory smug self portrait with an "I voted" sticker, so here's mine!

2 comments:
Huh. Voting by mail you get no sticker (or baked goods). I just hope my vote helped win the good fight.
I kind of like voting on the actual day because it's so festive and you get to talk to your neighbors (and visit the bake sale)!
Post a Comment