Sunday, August 3, 2008

Making a Mountain out of a Molehill

Do these babies always have to have eating issues? I swear I've been worrying about their eating in some form or another since they were born. It's obviously not a phase. I'll probably be waging some sort of food battle against my will even when they're 10.

They just don't want to drink these days. Today around noonish neither baby would take more than 2 ounces. They're supposed to drink 6-8, not 2. 2 is ridiculous. It is so incredibly frustrating when a baby won't eat, especially when I have to take her to bogus GI doctor visits because she's too small, and Milo isn't winning any big baby awards either. Kids, you're getting me in trouble with doctors, eat already!

I was so frustrated, and became even more angry when Jake didn't seem to be phased by it. "Don't you care about this?", I spit. "They're going to end up developmentally delayed little people!* Forget them moving out of the house and going to college. We're going to end up spending our entire lives taking care of them, because they won't be able to go to school or hold down a job or live on their own because their brain growth will be stunted because they ate so little! We'll have to buy special furniture for them because they'll never grow to be full sized!" Jake looked at me calmly. "We'd better have another baby so the twins will have somebody to take care of them after we die!", I shrieked. "Whoa, whoa, whoa," said Jake. "Now you're talking crazy talk." "Now? You mean, the scenario in which we spend our entire lives caring for the kids because they end up developmentally delayed little people wasn't going too far, but having another baby was?" Jake thought for a moment. "I have my limits."

*I didn't use words that polite, unfortunately.

No comments: