Friday, September 26, 2008

Just Don't Superpoke Me

I've caught up with a bunch of old high school friends recently, people I haven't talked to in 10 or 15 years in some cases. It's so funny that they notice things that seem just ordinary about me, like where I live (far from our hometown) or what I do for a living. Those things are the things about me that seem to jump out rather than, hello, I have two babies here! Two kids! Isn't that, like, amazing? Two kids? Hello...?

Oh. I guess pretty much everybody has a couple of kids and it's no big deal. It is funny that the thing that is by far the biggest deal ever of my life is actually, when I think about it, completely ordinary and typical. It sure doesn't feel that way.

I mean, it's not like I created a self-serving narcissistic blog about my job. I saved that for the kids.

No comments: