Monday, October 6, 2008

The Golden Leeks?


I'm all for supporting local business, but there's a limit. I bought these three items at the neighborhood grocery and paid $12.86. That can't be right. Once I got home I realized that there must have been a mistake. Leeks are expensive, but there are only 2 leeks there. She must have accidentally rung them up as, what, organic avocados or something? Even that wouldn't explain paying $12.86 for three items. I should have walked the extra half mile to Trader Joe's.

When my mother was here recently she taught Nora how to say "up", which Nora would do after my mom said it. Then a few days ago Nora pulled up on the bookshelf and, apropos of nothing, said "Up!" Then this evening she pulled up on the sofa in order to harass the cat and said "Up! Up Up Up Up Up!"



Milo is trying to say "kitty cat". When I say "there's the kitty cat", he looks around to see the cat. He whispers "kitty", or some close approximation of it. He doesn't do this spontaneously upon seeing the cat yet. Instead he laughs with glee, crawls towards the cat, and shoves his face into the cat. Milo likes the feel of soft, fuzzy things like blankets on his face. Apparently he also likes the feel of cat on his face.


This week I have to put the babies to bed by myself for 3 nights. Jake has a night class, a night review session, and a night test. This definitely isn't a family-friendly grad program. Tonight it didn't go so well as I could only get Nora to drink 2 ounces. I got Milo all fed and changed and into his crib, and he kept fussing and fussing as I changed Nora. Usually he just grabs his doggy blanket, pushes it into his face, and happily goes to sleep so I don't know why he was fussing like that. I finally put Nora into her crib and then turned out the light, and that's when Milo stopped fussing. I realized he was making a racket because he just wanted me to turn out the light and leave already! That kid loves sleep like nobody's business.

No comments: