Saturday, November 8, 2008

Mystery

Babies are so mysterious. They can't communicate with us, unless it's to talk about a baby, kitty, or ball, so I just don't know what is wrong or how to fix it. Nora woke up last night a bit before 1 a.m. and I didn't get her to go back to sleep until 4:10 a.m. Yeah. Three hours of misery. Bouncing, shaking, diaper changing, medicine giving, bottle giving, I tried every trick in the book. She seemed hungry but after only an ounce or so pushed the bottle away in frustration. I thought, aha, she must have an ear infection! That would explain her complete inability to sleep.

Milo woke at about 3:45 and didn't fall asleep until 4:50 so we were up until then. And he woke for the day at 6:50. I feel like I've been hit by a train.

This morning we took the babies to the doctor and found out that they don't have ear infections. So that's good, at least; they haven't had one yet so maybe they aren't prone to them. On the other hand, what's with the insane nights? By the way Nora weighed 15 lbs 13 oz and Milo weighed 17 lbs 11 oz with clothes on.

So my only other explanation other than having a cold is teething, which I think must finally be happening for real this time because Nora's hand is constantly in her mouth. I have this fantasy that we're going to wake up one morning soon and Nora will have like 8 teeth that came through overnight. 

In the examining room there was a poster of a baby dressed up in a bear costume. Milo looked at it and said "kitty!" Classic case of assimilation.  

No comments: