Thursday, January 1, 2009
Too Old for This
Jake and I had a night out tonight, just the two of us, which hasn't happened in a long time. The worst part is that we were pretty much ready to go home by 6:50 p.m., but we didn't want to go home right in the middle of the kids going down. So after dinner we walked to a nearby cafe for some coffee, and by 8 p.m. we were dead tired and ready to come home and hit the sack. It's now 8:37 p.m. and as soon as I hit "publish post" I'm going to get in pajamas and go to bed. As we were driving home, Jake said "having kids is like having chronic fatigue syndrome." I had to laugh. I guess the problem is that I'm so dang old, too old to have babies, and I just can't deal with exhaustion and sleep deprivation the way I could in my twenties. Man I'm tired!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment