It's been 3 hours and I'm currently listening to her scream. Milo is awake too.
My only coping mechanism at this point is a combination of alcohol and sleeping pills. Hopefully I can physically relax enough to not lose my temper no matter how long this lasts. I wish I could have worked tonight instead of holding an angry baby. I wish I could sleep tonight instead of...this. I wish I had access to real drugs. Must get on that as soon as possible.
2 comments:
special brownies sound very appealing I know! If they are fine... don't go in. Let them scream. Sounds like she wanted you so she screamed and you kept going in. She is manipulating you. After you have tried all the aforementioned things... let her go. When we started doing that the first week it might be 3 hours.. then 2... then 1.. finally down to 15 mins. Not to say you won't have to rinse and repeat this scenario.. well forever it seems so far. We have to remind ourselves of this routine as they get older and keep trying it out on us! ;)
Good luck. the sleep thing just blows! No one mentions this BEFORE you have kids... though I don't think one could grasp how utterly maddening and exhausting it is just hearing about it!
hang in there!
I think that Nora has broken me like a horse. I thought I'd be the one to break them in, teach them the rules, but it's almost like it's been the opposite. She has taught me to go to her, and look what I did...I did it for 4 hours in a row!
Post a Comment