- Bike riding! I hope I'll continue to enjoy that as summer approaches. One thing that's pleasant about riding around here is that it is easy to get out of the city quickly and then ride on dedicated bike paths through beautiful countryside. I like being on a separate path rather than on the road.
- Gardening! I've found that there's nothing more enjoyable and conducive to flow than activities that use your hands and your body as well as your mind. It's always satisfying to get pots ready for summer, to plant, to weed, and otherwise take care of our little plot of land in the city.
- Home improvement! Sadly I'm not the fix-the-plumbing / put-up-tile kind of person, although I'd like to be some day and learn those skills, but I do get a lot of satisfaction out of the little things I can do to maintain our surroundings through my own work. This spring I need to paint the trim in our bedroom, and I've got a fence to stain. The time just flies by when I'm engaged in those types of projects.
- Cooking! Always a good activity, and it's something I seldom tire of. I'm looking forward to fresh vegetable season. I wonder how many vegan meals I can make this summer?
- Outings with the kids! Now that the weather is nicer and we don't have to put on 18 layers of stuff to leave the house, it feels like less of a production to get out. I'm looking forward to more trips to the zoo, the children's museum, the library, the capitol, and this summer let's not forget the pool and the splash park. A good lesson for me on our morning outings is to slow down and enjoy the experience at their pace, not mine.
It's great to think that in just a month, the semester will be over.
2 comments:
I've found cooking in the past couple of years to a very relaxing experience.
The outings sound so far!
I like this list. :)
Hey, nice picture!
I've been enjoying your occasional drink reports, so perhaps I should add cocktail making to the list. :)
Post a Comment