Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Milo

Milo did well with his tubes procedure. It was really fast (like 10 minutes). When he woke up, he felt sick from the anesthesia, so that was a bit rough but an hour later he was mostly back to normal.

Milo was so stoic at the hospital. He'd barely talk to anybody, and he had a strange frown on his face, but that was the extent to which Milo would reveal his discomfort. Then a few hours later at lunch, I could barely shut him up.

This morning I took the kids to the library to pick out a new crop of books, and then we walked next door to the coffee shop for our morning snack. It was quite a special treat. It's pretty cool that now I can take the kids to the coffee shop, by myself, and they can both sit in normal chairs and eat a snack, and remark on the artwork in the coffee shop, and it's all generally pleasant rather than stressful. My conclusion: babies and toddlers are hard, especially in pairs. But once they get to be actual kids, they rock.

No comments: