Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Milo, this morning: Mom I have to tell you thank you for not farting.

Uh...you're welcome?

From the dept. of random: If I have never met you, then I'm not going to go to your wedding shower or your baby shower. Maybe that makes me a cold hearted asshole, but come on. We've never even met. Also? We do things fairly in my house. That means that if you know my husband, or are family with my husband, then my husband is the one who is in charge of getting your gift. Not me.

Today I was so impressed with the kids' swimming. They both swim underwater a little bit; they can propel themselves the couple of feet from their instructor's arms to the steps on their own. Nora does this better than Milo. However, their swim school is not moving them to the next level class next year, because they haven't made enough improvements to be ready. It's like they got an F in swim class! Ack! They're being held back! However, I don't think it matters because they're both learning more and more each week. I felt sad for them and a little defensive, but of course haven't told them anything and am just letting them enjoy swimming and make progress on their own timeline.

Feeling gross from too much indulgence last week when my friends were in town, I'm trying to do something active 6 days out of 7 for the next few weeks. That's either going to the gym, running, biking, or, if I'm not up for those, at least taking a nice little 4-mile walk. However, today is my day home with the kids so I can't do anything until Jake gets home at 5. So will I be able to take a 4-mile walk this afternoon in triple digit temps, and sacrifice making dinner to do it? Sometimes it still feels like a puzzle with no answer when I try to fit in everything I need to do. Inevitably something needs to be sacrificed to something else, and then I just end up doing nothing at all to the fullest.

Here are the kids after swimming today:


This is Nora's drawing of a library in the sky, and two planes approaching the library. Also there are two suns. She's starting the science fiction theme early.


She also enjoys practicing her name.



No comments: