We are smack dab in the middle of our writing week. I am so glad we decided to do it! For one thing, it's been productive. I totally haven't been doing the thing I thought I'd be doing, so far. But instead, I finished one paper, then decided to turn it into a conference proposal, which I wrote and submitted in a day. Then I worked on another joint conference proposal, and now I'm working on a third conference proposal (different conference).
But more important than that, in many ways, has been the opportunity to build camaraderie, collaboration, support and friendship. That has been so wonderful. Our first two colleagues who were here left this afternoon/evening, and the second set of two colleagues arrived this afternoon.
One thing I hadn't thought a lot about ahead of time was how much this opportunity meant to our newest (in the field) colleague. We have a range of people here, from somebody just 2 years out of grad school to an associate professor several years ahead of me. It meant a lot to the newest colleague to be included with some more senior people. I am so glad we included her, and love the idea of continuing to do things like this to support people at different stages in their career development.
No comments:
Post a Comment