Sunday, November 29, 2009

Calgon Take Me Away!

I'm dying here. Several projects have reached the critical stage: book chapter (due, in fact overdue, but fortunately more or less done), research talk (have to write), brand new grant that I'm doing with two colleagues (due Dec. 17 and we haven't started and I will have no time to work on it before Dec. 7), letter of recommendation (due Tuesday), class prep and grading (due Tuesday).

I was holding it all together (barely, sort of) until a brand new time-sensitive task landed on my desk and needs to be done this week as well. It's a big task, and super important (I'd rank it as more important than anything else I've got going on), but I didn't find out about it until Wednesday. Getting the task was a VERY happy surprise but that task has thrown everything else off.

Oh, that and the fact that our dining room table broke on Saturday night in the middle of eating dinner. I mean the leg literally broke right off, and our entire meal slid off the table, wine glasses full of wine and all, everything crashing onto the floor in a giant mess of food, wine, and broken glass. So now we have to buy a new table and that is not something I have time to shop for, but needs to be done quickly because we can't live without a table, but I don't want to just get any old thing because a table is a big deal and I want one we can be happy with long term, and and and!!!

And I think M&N are either getting sick, or are teething, but they've both been insanely crabby today and I just about lost it with them about 100 times. I am so tired of hearing whining and crying. Honestly, sometimes toddlers suck.

Such is my venting session, now I'm going to bed for a while. Everything is going to be somewhat better by the end of the week. And come Dec. 17 (or whenever my grading is done, probably after that), I am totally going to take some days off. Like several days, in a row, completely off. I'm going to do something just for myself, like shopping or something, something I haven't done in ages. I don't know what, but it's going to be great.

No comments: