The weather was unbelievable this weekend. Unbelievable! It was 70 on both Saturday and Sunday, with clear, sunny skies. It was so gorgeous. It felt like September, not November. On Saturday morning we went to the arboretum, which is what's featured in the pictures above. The leaves have mostly fallen from the trees but the warm sun made the day beautiful nevertheless. Saturday afternoon found Jake and the kids outside again, at the park, while I made a dinner of greek tomato soup with orzo and feta.
This morning Jake took the kids to another park where they ran into about a dozen neighbors and friends. This afternoon the neighborhood had a giant leaf-raking party in the park. We cleared away all of the leaves from the flat area on the field that we will eventually turn into a skating rink when the weather gets cold enough. Nora and Milo had fun running around with a bunch of kids, and Milo befriended a middle schooler by repeatedly imploring him to make baskets. He was only too happy to oblige. Later he ran up to his mom to tell her how smart Milo is, and what a good talker he is. These days, when Nora sees somebody on the street she'll shout "HI!!!! How are YOU????" with the utmost enthusiasm.
While I was outside with the kids, Jake made a delicious fall pasta with roasted squash, onions, and escarole. We had mulled cider with it to complete the fall medley.
This weekend I had to create syllabi and course proposals for 5 new courses to put up for departmental approval. I'm happy that I was able to get all of that work done during the kids' naps and after their bedtime. Now it's Sunday night, I'm done with that service task, and I think I might actually do something mindless for an hour or two before bed. Ah, the luxury.
No comments:
Post a Comment