Sunday, November 1, 2009

November Already?

Halloween was our coldest day to date but the kids still had fun. Milo in particular was completely awed by the mayhem at the park, all of the amazing people to stare at, all of the commotion to observe. I took the kids trick-or-treating to a few houses, mainly just friends' houses, because it's kind of a pain to simultaneously herd both kids in the same direction and help them up and down the porch steps. They were somewhat amazed by the fact that they got to pick candy out of a bowl. They had no idea what the candy was, but they liked the concept of picking things. Sometimes they even said "trick or treat", but usually it was after the fact. All in all they had a great time and a fun day. I used our pumpkin seeds to make a pesto sauce with pumpkin seeds and parsley, and then I cooked the pumpkin and made a chocolate pumpkin pie. Milo has been eating the extra pumpkin puree that I didn't use for the pie, which is very sweet and delicious.

Nora has a cough that worries me. It seems to be getting worse and worse. Milo seems to be on the mend.

Today we interviewed a potential Twin Whisperer replacement since she is only going to stay with us through December. We like the new lady a whole lot and I would be happy if she agreed to take the job. She didn't agree to it on the spot, though, so I'd better not get my hopes up. A part of me also worries that maybe I should have them in some sort of program childcare where they'll be getting more structured activities. My friends' kids who are in those programs know more stuff than the kids who aren't, like their letters and numbers and songs and so forth, but...does that matter? Nora & Milo would probably catch up once they hit preschool and school anyway, so is it a big deal right now if they can't count to 10 yet? Why am I worried about these things?

I have to give a talk at the end of the week that I haven't written yet, and I have a book chapter due in 2 weeks that I haven't written yet, and I've got to travel to the Twin Cities and back in the span of 24 hours, and tomorrow night there's a school board meeting that I'm supposed to attend (which is just going to piss me off, because those people always do), and, and, and --

November is the month for worrying.

No comments: