Sunday, February 14, 2010

Comfort Food

I am blue. It is February. Time for a comfort food meal.

Tonight I made my childhood favorite, an old 50's-style tuna noodle casserole. Well, it's not quite that bad, no cream of mushroom soup involved in this one. Instead it calls for an old fashioned white sauce with butter or margarine, flour, and milk. Add tuna, onions, and some bread crumbs and you're good to go. Nothing fancier than salt and pepper. The ultimate kid food, and one kid actually did like it. I added a spinach salad with apples, walnuts, and feta, and it was actually a decent meal.

I feel a little better, anyway.

I need to remember to take a picture of Milo's hair after his bath, when it is most visible. Milo's hair is white-blond and curly. It's the cutest thing ever, especially in combination with his big blue eyes.

Today I was reading a book to Nora about 5 pumpkins and I counted them with my finger. Then I asked, can you count them? Nora said "No! My finger is too fancy for counting!"

Well, la di da!

No comments: