-- Bedding
-- Mattresses (I'm thinking of buying organic without the cancer-causing chemicals or flame retardants)
-- Comforters or quilts
-- Rugs?
-- A light for Milo
-- A nightlight for Nora
-- Wall decor? (But they seem to hate pictures)
Whose room gets the glider? What other things for outfitting a kid's room am I forgetting? I'm sure quite a bit. We already have a dresser for Nora and an old bookcase that I intend to paint for her. I was thinking maybe I would include Nora in deciding what kind of sheets and comforter she would like -- maybe I'll take her to the store with me. I already know that Milo would LOVE construction vehicle sheets, but I'm not quite sure what Nora would like.
This means we have to get rid of our futon, and find some place to put my desk and office things. Eventually I will use the sunroom off of our living room as my office, but right now it is the kids' playroom and I don't want them to lose that quite yet, as they are still too young. So I'll just be without an office for a year or two, which is a drag but will hopefully be okay as I tend to do most of my work on the sofa anyway.
Overwhelming! In just a month or so, they will be in their own rooms in big-kid beds!
(Why yes, I did find both of them climbing out of their cribs tonight, why do you ask?)
No comments:
Post a Comment