Friday, January 21, 2011

Stupid Winter

All of my friends in town are posting FB updates with pictures of the thermometer or complaints about how cold it is. It's somewhere between -10 and -15 out. It was cold enough (and I was lazy enough) that I copped out and took the bus to work instead of walking, because I didn't want to deal.

Why am I here anyway?

Mentor is gloating about leaving for a week to visit LA and San Diego...I am pissy. Those damn full professors and their "vacations".

I remember I had a vacation once in January. We went to Aruba. It was sort of a delayed honeymoon 4 months after we got married. It was so warm, and there were gorgeous birds all over the place and drinks with umbrellas in them and turquoise water and colorful fish. I went snorkeling and saw an octopus.

I miss San Diego.

No comments: