So both kids have to stay home today, however, I still had to put them both in the car and drive to school. Because yesterday, when I was in beautiful NOLA-which-is-better-than-this-place-will-ever-be, Jake's mother picked the kids up from school but failed to pick up their "babies", soft toys that they sleep with and nap with. Which we didn't discover until bedtime, at which point the school was closed and we could not get their babies. Anybody who has ever had or been a kid with a special blanket or teddy bear will understand the tragedy of spending a night without one's babies.
So on top of the throwing up, we had the no-babies problem all night. Which meant that this morning I bundled both sick kids into the car and drove to the school to pick up their babies. They are both currently happily clutching their babies.
So now I will try to make it through the day after not having slept last night except in a couple of half-hour snoozes, and then when Jake comes home at 4:45 I will go to work for 5 or 6 hours.
This whole way of doing things is just lame.
1 comment:
Oh, man, I am SO sorry. I assume MIL left today?? I was perversely hoping that if they HAD to be sick, it would be next week when we were there-of course, I'd rather they were just NOT SICK from now on EVER.
Post a Comment