Friday, April 8, 2011

Not Handling it Well

OMG I'm so depressed.

I guess if you're going to spend about 3 months looking forward to one particular morning, because it's the only morning in the entire semester where you'll actually be able to get some rest and sleep in, and that one morning is actually the thing pulling you through the hell that is your life, your life that is working around the clock with the stomach flu, that is coughing through every night with bronchitis, that is never-ending exhaustion, and you think "if I can just make it to April and AERA and that New Orleans trip"...I think that if you're going to pin so many hopes on ONE MORNING, the sole morning of your trip that you'll actually be able to sleep in, in your giant, luxurious hotel room, all by yourself, if it means THAT much to you, then you probably shouldn't book your flight to go through Chicago because we all know what a giant clusterfuck Chicago is when there's the merest hint of a cloud in the sky.

Because then your flight will get canceled, and there won't be another one until 6 a.m. the next morning, yes, THAT morning, the morning you were supposed to be sleeping in for the only time all semester, in your giant luxurious hotel room in New Orleans. THAT morning.

No comments: