Saturday, September 10, 2011

4:35 a.m.

Sammy (our cat) scratched on people's doors to get in and cuddle with somebody. Milo woke up. Milo cried. I went in and comforted Milo. Now I am here and not sleeping. I wonder if that has anything to do with the department vote on Monday...

Also, some friends of ours told us today that they are getting divorced. I have this weird feeling that everybody around us is getting divorced. Over the last couple of years four couples we know, all through my work, have gotten divorced -- they're all about a decade older than us, with older kids. This is freaky to me and Jake. Especially this couple...they seemed so right for each other. They always have. I always marveled at how close they seemed, even though they'd been married for a long time. Is this what happens when people have been together for 15 years and have middle-school aged kids? Because it sure does seem to be happening a lot, and I really don't want that to happen to us in a decade.

It's peaceful around here at close to 5 a.m. We've still got cicadas whirring all night. I can hear them right now.

No comments: