So today I wrote some words with the kids on the magnadoodle. I wrote CAT, which they can recognize, then I wrote FAT, and showed them how you replace the C with the F and it still rhymes. Then I wrote SAT, and asked the kids what sound an S makes. Nora said, "Sssss....sat!" I see that as the first word that Nora actually read, as in decoded, instead of, say, recognizing a word as a whole object.
Maybe it is time to start teaching the kids to read a little.
Then Milo decided to practice his writing, and it turns out he can write his name! Way to go, Milo. I know they've been doing some of that at school. I took this picture and sent it to Jake.
Halloween candy. There is a prevailing wisdom that it's okay to let kids self regulate with the candy. I let them eat as much as they wanted on Halloween, which was a fair amount. Nora ate an entire full-sized Snickers bar WHILE she was trick-or-treating. But from here on out, I'm putting down a limit. They're totally not regulating their candy intake. Blech.
No comments:
Post a Comment