By the way, disturbing story. Last night the kids were talking about how they're going to be the bad guys at school and kill this other kid they apparently don't like. So I explained how that's not nice, and if they killed her, she would be gone forever, and everybody would be so sad, and her parents would miss her so much. They totally didn't give a shit. They still decided they would kill her (I think they pretend, as in, bad guys and good guys, at least I hope!). So then I explained about jail and how, if you kill somebody, you go to jail and you don't get to go home. It is only after contemplating the concept of jail that Nora decided that she would not, after all, kill this other child. Okaaaaaay.
Also, my department apparently has insane people in it. Thank goodness none of these people are in my sub area. But seriously, there are apparently years-old or decades-old turf wars and territorial skirmishes that has resulted in petty jealousies and irrational behavior, to the point that my sub-area was going to meet with a job candidate next week as a group, together, and now we are not allowed to and must meet with the candidate separately. So that we are not perceived as being too interested in this job candidate. Which makes total sense. Oh wait. It makes absolutely no sense. Sometimes I think that this is one of the dangers of tenure. There is nothing preventing you from becoming completely ridiculous and acting like a child.
Also, I have to work every night because I can't go into work on Sunday this weekend.
So what were the good things today? I cut the kids' hair and didn't mess anything up too badly. Also, dinner turned out well. We had dal, roasted squash with a yogurt mint sauce, and chickpeas with garlic, mint, and feta. The chickpeas were especially great.
No comments:
Post a Comment