Jake and I are waffling all over the place on this house. We're going to see it again when my folks are here so we can show it to them and see what they think. (Get ready for a house tour Mom.) I am in a bizarre state of analysis paralysis.
Our grant is just about done now. I have about 180 pages of finals to grade in the next 2 days. All that black text on white background staring at me, taunting me. But I just want to sleep all the time.
Difficult grad student issues that just never, never, never end year after year after year. I try not to write about stuff like that. It's my story, but it's somebody else's too, so it's not really mine to share.
I found a sack of 3T Christmas clothes that I must have set aside a year or two ago; I have no idea where they came from, possibly hand-me-downs. They include a beautiful red Christmas dress that Nora absolutely refuses to wear or even try on. I find myself getting frustrated that she will only wear about 10% of the clothes in her drawer, but then I read this and resolve to be more understanding.
On the bright side: Today Nora and Milo played for a good 15-20 minutes in a homemade bedspread tent on Milo's bed without any fighting while I goofed around on my laptop downstairs. That alone is a sign that life gets easier all the time.
2 comments:
Woo-hoo!! House tour!!
bring it on . . .
(I, too, clearly am not getting enough sleep)
That is a great article you linked to. I wish all primary teachers would read it.
Post a Comment