Thursday, December 22, 2011

OW

Christmas coming, so it was just me and Mike, an ex college football player, at gym class today. So when our trainer said "want to do something different?", we said sure, and now -- wait? Did you hear that? I think it was the sound of my arms falling off.

Warm up: 2 laps of high knees, 2 laps of side squats, 2 laps of high kicks, 2 laps of front-and-back squats.

Rotation 1: 12 triceps pulls, 12 side-to-side jumping pull ups, 6 squats (60 lbs), 6 box jumps. Repeat 4 times.

Rotation 2: 10 bridges, 12 box push ups, 10 triceps overhead lifts. Repeat 4 times.

Seriously, box jumps are not that hard unless you've just done 6 squats lifting 60 lbs each time. And triceps overhead lifts (I'm totally making up half these names) are not that hard except when your arms are already dead from all those bridges and push ups. Also, I seriously seriously suck at bridges. The other guy who was in class today is super strong (he squats 110 lbs compared to my 60) and was totally way better than me at everything, despite being older than me.

My arms have never ever hurt that much. The end.

It is good that our trainer mixed it up today. I was starting to get a little cocky, thinking, these workouts aren't so hard anymore. Good to get completely smacked down.

No comments: