The party was weird. It was a combination of Jake's work friends and friends of his work friends through a common church. One woman asked me, right after she learned my name and the kids' names, whether I am "able to" stay home with the children. I didn't really know how to answer that. It was awkward. Sometimes I feel like such a fish out of water.
Guess what? Speaking of those kids, they are starting to get the hang of ice skating. I should bring my camera along one of these days and take a video. They don't have to hold on to the chair as much now. They want to skate all the time. It's nice that we can just decide to do it on the spur of the moment.
We've only had about a week of real winter and snow and stuff and I'm already over it. I wouldn't mind spring right about now. I miss summer.
Here is the first in my series of exercise-with-your-kids videos, idea stolen from a brilliant source that I can no longer find, but I've been looking. (A dad curled his baby!) Next up, weighted squats. Just put the kid on your shoulders. Third, weighted push ups. That one will have to star Jake. Jake is badass enough to do pushups with a kid on his back, but that's a ways off for me!
No comments:
Post a Comment