Sure, kids. Knock yourselves out. They think shoveling is such a novelty. Can we maintain this attitude for the next 14 years or so?
Our semester starts late in January, so we're still on winter break. I've been sick all week, but the kids are back in school so I've had the rare chance to actually, like, be sick and rest and stuff. On Monday I had to go into work for a bunch of meetings, and on Wednesday I had to take care of the kids all day, but otherwise I've taken a lot of naps. I've spent the week mostly napping and analyzing data from the comfort of my couch after dragging my sorry butt out of bed each morning to get the kids to school. It's been pretty luxurious.
Today I actually created a star chart for the kids for daily behaviors like getting dressed without a fuss, picking up toys, saying please all day without having to be reminded, eating dinner without fighting, etc. I never thought I'd be the star chart type of person. Desperation pushes you to new levels.
Yesterday when the bus let the elementary school kids off at the corner (right outside our house), a kid stepped off the stairs and looked at the snowy neighborhood and yelled, "Oh my God, it's GLORIOUS!"
No comments:
Post a Comment