Saturday, February 11, 2012

377

Writing this kind of blog is a strange thing to do in a sense because it's mostly for me, partly for the kids in their hypothetical future, and partly for other people, for instance, family who like to see stuff about the kids. But it's not all for me, of course, because if it were, I would write different stuff. Or rather, I wouldn't leave out a lot of stuff that I do leave out. And it's not all for other people, because I have an indulgent habit of making posts like this one that will bore the pants off of people who are not me, in which I share a crapload of photos that the kids took. Maybe this will be interesting to the kids when they are older. I imagine sharing this with them when they're grown up, perhaps when one of them has a baby of his or her own.

So anyway, Nora and Milo somehow took 377 photographs when I wasn't paying attention. Here are a few of those. I don't share them because I'm under some delusion that they're great photographs. I just find them interesting in terms of what they tell me about what Nora and Milo are looking at, and what they find worth capturing. It's so odd to me what they choose to photograph!

What I didn't include was the 30 or so photos of our smoke detector. I don't know why Nora was so into photographing the smoke detector.

My keyboard:


Coming down the stairs:


Blocks in a stainless steel bowl with a lid on it:


Folded laundry in a hamper:


Me, when I was sick, juxtaposed with a distorted image of a model:


Nora's feet:


Me, reaching out to Milo saying, "Come here, let me roll your pants up."


Milo:


Nora:


Our kitchen wall:


Our linen closet. I thought it was so strange that Nora wanted to open up the closets and capture what was in them:


Milo's rody horse:


Our bathroom floor and my great shoe:


Winter light in our house:


Bar stool and heater vent:


Milo and our new bathroom door knob:


Installing that door knob has been a major hassle. Our door knob hole isn't cut in a standard location; actually, nothing about the door is standard. But the door stays shut now, which is something. The door knob is also very pretty.

No comments: