Sunday, June 10, 2012

Can Milo & Nora Come Out to Play?

Today Milo wanted to impress his 8-year old next door neighbor on the playground, so he did a headstand for her. She did indeed seem quite impressed.

The 8 year old has a 5-year old sister who gave Nora a little bag with pens. You can color the outside of the bag with pens. Nora has been clutching that thing ever since. At night time, she said, "Eva colors on her bed. Can I have this now and color on my bed? Eva's allowed to do it."

So cute. These girls live in the house next door, literally 10 feet from our front door. Now the kids are running back and forth between houses all the time. I'm really unsure about how much freedom to give them. They are too young to be just going off on their own, but I can see the day coming. But I do love watching them spontaneously go over to the houses of their friends up and down the street - it reminds me of how it was when I was a kid.

No comments: