Thursday, June 14, 2012

Conference notes

I tried to sort of sleep in this morning during my DC visit. As I kept waking up to doors slamming and loud feet stomping, my brain said, there's the kids. Time to get up. Then I'd wake up a little more and realize, oh, no. Not the kids. Just some boorish adults who aren't my problem.

I love the Hyatt over all other chain hotels. They do a lot of things right. I'm not particularly motivated to even leave my room. My room is about 2/3 the size of my 1st California apartment.

I kind of wish I hadn't agreed to go to this PI meeting. It is simultaneously broad and small, which means there are practically no talks that interest me. Also, I'm still smarting from the whole grant thing, and just not feeling it. Already looking forward to returning home tomorrow.

No comments: