Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Lovely Colleagues

Lovely Colleague #1: We went to coffee and she gave me all sorts of literacy tips and tricks. She also happens to have a big private library of true beginning reader books (much more beginning than the level 1 books in the store), so she let me take out a bunch of books from her collection for Nora to read on her own. It's like we've got this extra library of books for new readers right in our building, and I never knew!

Lovely Colleague #2: Today we were in a meeting. LC2 and I had our laptops open and were typing away. The leader of the meeting suggested that we have somebody take notes during the meeting. She said, "How about Amy do it, since she has her laptop open." I was about to agree when LC2 said, "Actually, let's subvert gender norms and I'd be happy to take notes instead of Amy." Oh, LC2, you are pretty much the only guy ever who has noticed that it is always a woman who gets asked to take notes. Not only did you notice that, but then you stepped up to interrupt that norm. You are genuinely awesome.

No comments: