Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Time is Here

Two years ago I have no idea what we did for Christmas. I have little memory of the day. There are photos showing that we dressed the babies up in holiday outfits and put them under the tree:

I think we might have opened some presents at some point. It seemed like it was late at night by the time we got around to that, but I'm not sure. The whole thing is a blur. An exhausting, sleep deprived blur.

One year ago we spent Christmas morning packing up the car, and we spent Christmas day driving to Jake's brother's house, eating lunch at a truck stop Burger King. We spent Christmas night alone in Jake's brother's house because his entire family went over to somebody else's house for dinner, so we ate my leftover tuna casserole from the car ride and spent the evening watching old Star Trek re-runs.

But this year...

This year, it's Christmas. Santa came tonight once the kids went to sleep. They know that tomorrow is Christmas but have no idea what's in store for them. Tonight we lit candles and drank wine and listened to Christmas music, and we both can't wait for tomorrow. It really feels like Christmas tonight, and I couldn't be more excited.

We have the best Christmas presents ever:


Merry Christmas, from us and ours to you and yours.

No comments: