Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Conversations and Fights

Nora: (Pretending with a tiny tea cup) I'm eating tea!
Twin whisperer: You're eating tea? Usually we drink tea, but today you're eating it. What does the tea taste like?
Nora: ...Peanut butter!

This morning Nora was pretending to drink tea again, and I asked her what kind of tea it was. She said "sweet potato tea!" I'm pretty sure this gives insight into Nora's favorite foods: peanut butter and sweet potatoes.

Last night Milo and Nora starting playing in a black shoe box of Jake's. They were taking turns getting into the shoe box and pretending to drive it like a car. Lacking a word for the shoe box, I guess, they started calling it a "dindle". Later I could hear them fighting over the dindle. "It's my turn to get in the dindle right now!" "It's Nora's turn right now!" "Milo's turn with the dindle right now!"

I swear, you get a single scrap of paper, a used tissue, anything, and they will fight over that one lame thing in the midst of dozens of toys.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Amen. We have a bunch of toys in the family room I could probably start a bon fire w/ and they fight over boxes... cardboard boxes. Nevermind that there are TWO IDENTICLE cardboard boxes! :D