Thursday, May 6, 2010

My SAH Day

Our big excitement is that Nora pooped on the potty last night and she peed on the potty today. I think she's starting to get the hang of it. She tried again tonight and I could tell she knew what she was doing, but just didn't have anything to deposit, so to speak.

I really like how Nora narrates her intentionality all the time. Me: "Do you want to pee and poop on the potty?" Nora: "Yeah! Okay! I'll poop on the potty and then Mommy will be so excited! And then Mommy will say hooray!"

As I shared in FB Milo suddenly out of the blue started saying "Oh, fuck it!" at dinner tonight. I have no idea where that came from! I mean, maybe it is something I have said or Jake has said. It's certainly the kind of thing I would say. But I haven't said it recently, and he has never said this directly after me, so that means if he got it from us, one of us said it once, Milo did nothing and just filed it away in his brain, and then randomly brought it out at dinner tonight. What the heck? That is so weird.

Of course Jake started cracking up which didn't help at all, so I was hissing "ignore it" to him and then telling Milo that he must have gotten it wrong because that's not a word and the right way to say it is, "Oh forget it." And of course that didn't work at all, and instead Milo has this weird sixth sense for sussing out a curse word so he just kept saying it over and over again, and then Nora started laughing at it, which only encouraged it.

No comments: