I made good progress on my paper revision today. This has made me very, very happy.
One thing this tenure-track life has robbed from me is the ability to just be sick. To be sick and stay home on the sofa with tissues and cold medication and a good book and nap. To not work on deadlines and travel to and from DC and meet with students and teach my classes.
That is an element of "balance" I would like to regain after all this is over.
Milo's favorite animal is a tiger. Nora's favorite animal is a penguin, which was news to me. I got a tiny tiger and a tiny penguin for their stockings at Fleet & Farm today while I was there picking up cracked corn kernels for the kids' sensory table at school. Because the thing that makes sense for me to spend my Sunday morning doing is poring over various elements to go in sensory tables as I cough bloody phlegm into my tissue and mentally pore over the next set of revisions I will do to my paper. Because that is how I should be spending my time. I kind of hate myself right now, that I am doing bullshit things like that.
You really know you're in the midwest, though, when you spend some time in a Fleet & Farm. You can pick up a Christmas tree, a set of waders, ammo, and deer feed all in the same spot.
2 comments:
So have you tried the feet in a bucket of hot water remedy yet?
I did, in the form of a bath.
Post a Comment