Tuesday, December 14, 2010

They're 3 but one of them is sick

Last night I burned the first batch of cupcakes for the kids because I was upstairs dealing with a child in bed and didn't hear the beep go off. Seriously burned them, they all had to be thrown out. Then I had to start all over again. Such a mess. Then as I was hurrying downstairs my slippery socks slipped out from under me and I fell hard on my back and on my wrist. So now I'm in a world of hurt. I can tell nothing is truly hurt or broken, I'm just a sore mess, and feeling pissed off about it.

Today I brought mini cupcakes and cups of berries to the kids' school for their birthday. They were so excited to have me there for snack time. By the end of the day, though, Nora was a miserable mess who didn't want any dinner. I took her temperature before bed: 104 degrees. It really is true that the illnesses are so frequent that they just blend into each other. Nora hasn't even stopped coughing from her former illness (neither have I). And tonight both Jake and I have sore throats. I knew the kids would get sick a lot, but I really underestimated what it would be like. I also didn't really think about how this would mean that I would be sick all the time too.

Milo is still cheerful and healthy...for now.

Also, apparently he saw me writing about Nora's name and didn't want to be outdone, so tonight he wrote "HI" and then said, kind of surprised, "Hey! It's a Hi!" It is awesome to watch these kids begin to make sense of words and symbols.


p.s. The cat just took a dump in the dining room. WTF?!? We have enough problems!

No comments: