I like working on Sundays because nobody is ever in the office and I get a lot done. Today I finished final edits on an article (which is heading out the door, hooray), reviewed and revised a chapter for a book I'm co-authoring, reviewed and revised a chapter outline for a different book I'm co-authoring, and wrote a letter of recommendation.
Tomorrow I have my tenure review committee meeting, then another meeting about a grant application that's due on the 27th, then a phone conference with the co-authors of book #1, then a meeting with a student. The phone conference may be interesting because I don't have much of a voice.
I am feeling sad for Nora right now. All I ever did was cough this weekend, it was scary and upsetting for her, and then I couldn't do my normal thing like read books. Milo is not a fan of this either, but because Jake is his favorite parent he is primarily okay. But since I am Nora's favorite parent she is all freaked out and not pleased and cried and cried when I had to go to work. She is so sad. Poor thing.
After (sort of) sleeping on the couch all night so that I could be propped up and give Jake a chance at sleep, I went back to bed at 8 a.m. for a long nap. I had to tell myself, "You are not being lazy. You are sick. You need to sleep. You are not being lazy." It worked, I fell asleep and then had a dream in which I was in labor with a baby girl. It was Dec. 22 in my dream and the kids had just turned 3, and I was thinking, Nora will be a big sister and Milo will be a big brother to our new baby girl. Seeing as how Dec. 22 is 3 days away I hope this doesn't mean I'm one of those freaky people (aka Peggy in Mad Men) who can have a baby full term and never realize they're pregnant. I have never understood that and it seems literally impossible unless you're in some sort of serious denial.
Both kids desperately need haircuts. Will I manage to fit that in this week with everything else? Time will tell.
No comments:
Post a Comment