Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Good Morning

I just have to note the amazing fact that the kids have had a great morning at home today. They played by themselves (together) a fair amount without fighting hardly at all. I heard one argument about a fire truck, but they resolved it on their own. There were no tantrums, screams, or whines this morning. They helped me do the laundry, and then they did some painting, and then they helped me make and freeze a bunch of waffles. Milo enjoyed watching for the green light on the waffle iron to come on to tell me they were ready. They ate a great breakfast, had a little waffle snack in the middle of the morning, and then had a good lunch. They did lots of pretend play and just generally were delightful and cheerful.

I really hope this is a glimpse into the future. I know they'll always fight, and there will be wrinkles, but just watching the kids happily play on their own for 20 or 30 minutes is a huge delight and relief to me.

It's only getting up to 21 degrees today, so I don't have much energy or desire to take them out. Which I think is okay -- now that they're in school 4 days a week, busy busy busy, it can be nice to have a calm, relaxing, stay-at-home day in the middle of the day. It's nice to go out on errands or little trips, but for today, we're just staying inside and playing. I felt like I should note the fact that for once, both kids actually had a good day.

No comments: