I submitted my revisions to that never-ending article today. We'll see how that goes.
It's very interesting to think about how a journal article becomes a community event. This piece is not the same article I wrote a year and a half ago. Even though all of the words are mine, many of the ideas and changes and justifications and new structures didn't come from me, or at least not me alone. So who exactly wrote this article?
Also, does it work this way for everybody? Or is it more so for junior scholars, like me, or for people who are branching out into something of a new and unfamiliar direction, like I did with this paper? I mean, if one of the top dogs in our field writes an article, it's hard to imagine it going through as much change as mine has gone through so far. Is that because of who they are, or because of how good their work is right off the bat, or some combination?
I am one of those people who tends to lose their appetite in response to a lot of stress or grief. Then it becomes sort of a self perpetuating cycle, as loss of appetite results in eating less which results in having a smaller appetite and so forth. Not that this is a major problem or anything, because I can afford to have it happen. But since it's been a while, what with having been sick and all, I am starting to miss a little bit having a better appetite. You tend to forget that having an appetite is connected to the ability to enjoy and savor food (at least it is for me).
Jake took this picture of the kids today. Sometimes they still ask to go to sleep together in the same bed. (This is on the trampoline, though).
3 comments:
awesome about finishing & submitting the revisions!
Thanks! Now we'll see. I have some dread about the whole thing because you never know what the editor will come up with this time!
I understand the feeling of dread, but I am hopeful for you! Hopefully this will be over soon and you can (finally) celebrate the acceptance and in-press-ness of the piece.
Post a Comment