Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Is This March? It's 32 Degrees!

I noticed that the kids' shoes seemed to be getting a little short so today I took them to the shoe store to get their feet measured. First, I measured them at home with a tape measure and thought, hmm, have they really both grown about a size and a half? So I took them into the store, and sure enough they have. They're in between sizes so it's a little awkward but I'm buying the bigger size in anticipation of summer.

Nora can wear Milo's old shoes, when that doesn't cause too much strife about what the kids think is Milo's and what they think is Nora's. So I just bought one pair of rain boots for Milo and will shift Milo's to Nora. Then I bought them each a pair of outside play sneakers, one pair of waterproof summer sandals, one pair of cheap canvass slip-on type play shoes, and one pair of slightly dressier shoes. In case they ever have a need for something that is dressier than sneakers. Which is probably pretty unlikely, come to think of it.

Boy kids can be pricey when you buy 8 pairs of shoes + 1 pair of rain boots in one day! On the up side it was a nice way to spend the morning seeing as how it was too cold and rainy/slushy to spend any time outside. Now to work on this paper...

No comments: