Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Sticks and Stones

Poor Milo is so accident prone. A few days ago he fell up the stairs and banged his chin, so now he's got a sore on his chin. Also, a few days ago I caught him beginning to try to carry a chair up the stairs! So I had to sit him down and let him know that that's how Mommy broke her collarbone when she was little. Yesterday, Milo was very excited about a package that arrived for Jake. I told him that we couldn't open it because it was for Daddy, so we'd have to wait until Daddy got home and let him open it. Then, I went upstairs to help Nora use the potty. I came back downstairs to see that Milo had somehow gotten into our kitchen drawer and gotten the scissors and was stabbing holes in the package with the scissors!

Then today we woke up to a lot of new snow on the ground. I took the kids to the grocery store for a quick run to get more Tylenol and such, and then when we got back home they seemed happy to stay outside for a while so I decided to shovel the walks. They each have their own child-sized shovel and enjoyed helping me shovel...until Nora, in her vigorous tossing of the snow, ended up smacking Milo in the forehead with the sharp edge of her shovel! Even though it's plastic, Milo now has a cut on his forehead. It seems like the poor guy always has a few cuts and bruises.

Fingers crossed, the kids' fevers are lower today so are hopefully on their way out. I also hope Milo can fall asleep and nap right now despite his cough.

No comments: