Tuesday, December 28, 2010

New Year's Resolution

A set of emails between me and Mentor (yes we use a lot of smiley faces):

Me: "Hi, BTW did [dept. chair] ever respond about letting me go up to Divisional in December? It would be pretty nice to have that date and know that 2011 is my year. :)"

Mentor: "Yes indeed she did. Still needs Personnel's approval, which should come at the next meeting. So make your New Year's resolution now! :)"

Me: "Hooray! I am starting to get excited. I know we have a long road to go, but I am excited about it. :)"

Mentor: "Me too!"

So, my New Year's resolution for 2011 is to get tenure.

2 comments:

Mandy said...

yay! It WILL happen! Can't wait to celebrate with you -- all of 2012 can be a celebration year!!!!

albe said...

Hmmm, I like the idea of a whole celebration year. :)