Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Awkward

Two years and 1 week ago, I sent an email in response to Super Senior Professor's offer to go for coffee. I gave some dates and times, and he responded and we went for coffee. Two years ago.

Today, I received a response to that 2 year old email. He suggested we meet for coffee on the 24th at about 10 a.m. (The 24th is a Sunday, which would be an odd time to meet for coffee).

Did he send that 2 years ago and it just got to me now? Or was he going through his old emails and didn't look at the date and somehow thought I sent him this email just a week ago?

Or is this his way of initiating coffee again, two years later, in a really weird manner?

This super senior professor is at an age where it wouldn't be unreasonable to assume that he might be a little confused. (He's about 15 years past the typical retirement age).

No comments: